WELCOME TO YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
074 775 0334
- 8 NIGHT CEDERBERG 100 KM TRAIL (MAX 6 HIKERS)
- 4 NIGHT GABRIEL TRAIL (MAX 6 HIKERS )
- 3 OR 4 NIGHT PAKHUIS TRAIL (MAX 18 HIKERS)
- 3 OR 4 NIGHT GROOT KRAKADOUW TRAIL (MAX 10 HIKERS)
- 3 OR 4 NIGHT WUPPERTHAL TRAIL (MAX 10 HIKERS)
- 2 OR 3 NIGHT KLEIN KRAKADOUW TRAIL (MAX 18 HIKERS)
- 2 NIGHT LEIPOLDT TRAIL (MAX 10 PEOPLE)
WHY BOOK WITH US
The Cederberg Heritage Route is deeply involved with community development in that our trails make extensive use of services provided by the small, remote communities in the Moravian Church area of the eastern Cederberg, centered on the mission village of Wupperthal. These services, for which we have provided detailed guidelines, include accommodation, catering, luggage transport, rides in the traditional donkey carts of the area and guiding, which provide some much needed cash income for these rural communities. We have also helped four of the Moravian villages to establish their own Tourism Committees with formal constitutions and have provided interest free loans for upgrading two of the village guest cottages and for making pack donkey harnesses for luggage transport on routes that wheeled vehicles are not able to negotiate.
A Voluntary Association Not-for-Gain
The principal participants in the Cederberg Heritage Route, a Voluntary Association Not-for-Gain are:
- Cape Nature Conservation, guardians of the Cederberg Wilderness Area
- The Moravian Church at Wupperthal, the custodian of the 35,000ha on the eastern side of the Cederberg Wilderness Area
- Clanwilliam Living Landscape Project (CLLP)– a community-based initiative creating an awareness of the priceless rock-art treasures in the Cederberg, by means of guided tours,
workshops and seminars.
- The Heuningvlei Donkey Cart Adventure– a community-based tourism venture where guests are transported by donkey cart to Heuningvlei where they can relax and experience how the local Cederberg residents are living.
- Clanwilliam Tourism Information– the Clanwilliam Information Office that provides a wide range of tourism information for Clanwilliam and the Cederberg region.
- Cedarberg African Travel– a Clanwilliam based tour operator.